Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ode to 2007

This year was the first time since we got married that I didn't send out Christmas Letters - so I thought I would give you a quick recap of our 2007.

January: The final month of interviewing for residency. Ryan and I drove all over the midwest checking out hospitals and learning about different programs where Ryan could go. You can read what I had to say about that HERE and HERE

February: It snowed INSIDE of our apartment in Chicago. We had a Super Bowl party with our friends from 2by2 and Ryan imitated Prince, the artist formerly known as Prince.

March: Match Day was on the 15th when we opened the envelope that said "DeVos Childrens Hospital" so we finally knew where we were going to live! We also went Skiing with Ryan's family at Gore Mountain in NY.

April: We went to the Bulls/Pistons game with Bryan and Michelle, celebrated Easter with my family, and found our new apartment in GR.

May: We went to Florida for the Beeson Family Vacation and Ryan and I celebrated his completion of med school with a trip to the Smokey Mountains!

June: Ryan officially became a doctor in June, we picked cherries with our BFF's and I learned a valuable lesson about putting palmolive in the dishwasher.

July: We celebrated THREE YEARS of marriage and moved to Grand Rapids with the help of our friends Bryan and Michelle.

August: We met Bryan and Michelle in New Buffalo, my friends Brooke & Ruby came to visit and all of Ryan's friends from Hope had a grill out reunion.

September: I biffed a squirrel, went to Innovate, celebrated my Dad's birthday and had a quick dinner with Lloyd Carr at the Common Grill

October: We stopped by Niagara Falls on our way home from New York, I started my new job at Designvox, has a little situation with shampoo and conditioner andn read Cold Tangerines.

November: We visited my parents, learned about FreeRice.com and went on the Thanksmas Hunt.

December: Ryan was as busy as a resident is legally allowed to be. I posted about positivity and the next day my car got broken into. Perfect.
2007 was an incredible year for Ryan and I. We've had lots of fun, have learned a lot, have been making our mark on a new community in a new city and have been so blessed by family and friends. We can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the year ahead.

Merry Christmas and Happy 2008 to you!

No comments: