Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Interview Trail

Hooray Hooray! We've finished interviewing and have managed to narrow our choices down from 11 to 5 to 2! I can't give you a list...because we haven't officially submitted our ranking's yet...but as soon as I can, I will fill you in on the deets.

It is absolutely crazy that I got to travel with Ryan on all 11 interviews. We had lots of adventures along the way, including getting trapped in Cleveland at the airport, going house hunting in Wisconsin, learning how cheese is made, almost getting to see the birth of a baby calf, eating at many fine resturaunts (I ate some loud bruschetta), meeting people from Fargo (which is a real place!), and crossing paths with tons of really cool...and a few not so cool interviewees.

I am so proud of Ry. He has become a professional interviewer, which means he could write a book about it. However, I don't think he has time to write a book right now.

He takes step 2 of the Board Exams next week, so you can be praying for him on Wednesday and Friday. This entire month has consisted of him studying all day every day for 18 days so far. He does about 5 hours of questions each day (and says he may be getting carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking the mouse so much) and ready around 40 pages of his USMLE review book each day. He is amazing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really proud of you, Ryan, and will be praying for perseverance in your studies and clarity in your decisions coming up!! All the best, my friends!!

Anonymous said...

Sheila and I are praying like crazy! Ryan is remarkable. You are too! Thanks for continuing on the adventure God has carved out for the two of you. I'm so proud of you guys! Ryan will nail the exams....for sure.
- Mark Beeson....your father