Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Friendly Advice

I have this wonderful friend Katie, who I have been friends with since I was 5. That's right...we met in Kindergarten and have been friends ever since. So, today on her blog I noticed that she may need some friendly advice, so I figured I'd post what she wrote and give you the link to offer her soem friendly advice.

She wrote:
"i've decided that i'm going through a midlife crisis. is that possible at 25, does that mean ill die at 50? this can't be a good sign. my brain keeps jumping back and forth between,
1.) i'm 25 and i'm not in a long term career, i don't own a home, i'm paying off debt and i don't know what i'm doing with my life (enter labored breathing here)
and 2.) i'm only 25, i'm too young to have a career and far too young to be married.

the problem is that either argument has me wanting to either drink heavily (not really, just kidding, no one panic) or get a new job. i'm not kidding, i'm actully stressing about this. it doesn't feel good.

what is your opinion of me joining the LA police department? my mom about came through the phone...what about everyone else?

off to talk myself off a cliff...and talk myself out of hyperventilating,
k

Click HERE to offer your advice

2 comments:

katie holt said...

thank you so much, i love you! this is so funny to me. i'm such a dork. i'm so glad that you stayed friends with me after i glued things to you. :o) i love you!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a perfect opportunity to really asses where she wants her life to go. What has she been studying / preparing for up until now? Where does she want to see herself in 10 years. At this point in time the mistake would be to invest herself into something to fill in the need to "do something" instead of really pursuing what she really wants to do with her life. 25 is not too young to be married, not too young to have a child, and not too young to pursue a career (if it is don't tell my wife :)... today is a great day to start preparing / pursuing what she has always saw herself doing, don't just setting into something because you feel you ought to. I had friends in medical school who were in their mid 40's and worked in some other vocation only to realize later in life that they really wanted to do something else, they took a chance and went after what they really wanted to do in life (for example even after working in real estate for 20 yrs). Vocation is where the worlds greatest need meets your greatest passion.... Good luck