Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Flashback Tuesday

The whole "Flashback Friday" idea didn't really work out because it seems that I don't do much blogging on Fridays. So, here is the 2nd instalment of Flashbacks entitled "Flashback Tuesday"

A couple of Octobers ago I was walking down the streets of LaGrange with my 4 friends, Ruby, Brooke, Kristie, and Delle who had come to Chicago to visit me. We were having a great time showing them around my new town and new apartment.

As we were walking to dinner a gust of wind blew and I got some schrapnal in my left eye. Instictively I looked down and blinked to get it out...except it wasn't coming out at all, instead, I could feel something scraping my eyeball with every blink! "There's something in my eye...and it's not coming out!" They took me into a resturaunt so I could flush out my eye with water, but still, no relief. My friends and I decided to continue the fun evening out, inspite of the fact that I now had mascara on ONE eye instead of two.

When I got home, I told my future doctor husband about my situation. He thought the best thing to do would be to turn my eyelid inside out and swipe the inside of the lid with a q-tip to remove any debris.
Amazingly, I allowed him to do this, multiple times, until I could no longer handle it. Then I called my mom, the nurse. She told me to let Ryan turn my lid inside out so he could work on it. I told her we already tried that. Then she told me to get some "goo" (yes, she actually used the word "goo") and an eye patch from walgreens and sleep with it on so I wouldn't rub my eye and hurt myself.

Meanwhile, my guests for the evening were realizing that their hostess perhaps was not going to have the amount of fun that we had all planned on.

So, I wore the patch for a day or two...then went to have it checked out at the doctor who proceeded to perform 3 "minor surgeries" (which I didn't realize were minor surgeries until I got the bill). This picture was taken the morning after the incident.

The good news is that Halloween was only a few weeks away...which meant my eye patch could easily be disguised as part of my Pirate costume...Ahoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»