Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My Oldest Friend


She may be my oldest friend, but she's only 25.
We have been friends for over 20 years!


Katie Holt and I were in Mrs. Wetzel's Kindergarten class together, where she often glued things to my "Go For God, It'll be GREAT" sweatshirt. We manuevered thru the elementary school years at Mary Frank. We did the morning announcements at Schmucker Middle School, "Gooooood Morning, this is WSMS, Signing on..." We ran away from boys...We chased other boys. We survived Mr. Kolski's class, Mr. Rice's Class, and even Home Ec, where we had to sew some sweatpants from scratch. We were counselor's together at Camp Adventure where we dominated the Camp Beautiful contest. We cruised the strip in my family's Astro mini-van. We did mission trips with our youthgroup all over the world. We attended rival colleges "GO FLYING DUTCHMAN!" She stood as a bridesmaid in my wedding. She helped me do a creative memory (yes, that memory is singular). We went to see Ricky Martin (Not Chris Martin like I thought) on the Oprah Show

We have one of those friendships where months can go by with no communication, but when we are together it seems like just yesterday. I love her spirit, cherish her friendship, and know that we will truly be friends forever.

Did that sound like something I would have written in the back of a yearbook? Maybe it was...

4 comments:

katie holt said...

so funny! i love you so much amber! i can't believe it's been so many years. remember when oprah did that whole, "the oprah show is 20 years old," but it happened to be the same time as our 20 year friendship anniversary? i think she disguised it, she didn't want it going to our heads. :o) I love you my friend! you have made my life so much better! words cannot even explain!

Anonymous said...

I love Katie and I don't even know her that well! She is like my friend Jan, always loving, always there, always faithful! MOMO

Anonymous said...

You get a few great friends during the course of your life; you get many relationships, scores of acquaintances and a few cherished "great" friends. You guys are blessed by God to have something deeper and better and longer lasting than most can celebrate. Enjoy your friendship. It is God's gift to you both.
- Daddy

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»