Saturday, April 29, 2006

Easy Breakfast Casserole

I had a grand plan this morning. Ryan was on call until 1pm, so I decided to whip up a wonderful meal for him to come home to. "Easy Breakfast Casserole" PERFECT!!

I was excited, I browned the Jimmy Dean Sausage, made some home-made sourdough crutons, mixed in some cheese...but didn't have enough, so then I shreaded some twist-ems cheese sticks to make up the difference. After that I reached in the fridge for the eggs...Oh no, how can we be out of eggs?!?! No problem, Ill just run to the store, get some eggs, and be back before Ryan gets home.

LATER AT THE STORE:
Phone rings....its Ryan. He tells me that he is so hungry he might die, so I happily explain that a wonderful breakfast casserole will be ready as soon as I get home from the grocery.

BACK AT HOME:
Ryan is eating a bowl of cereal.
I finish the recipe, add the eggs, mix it all together, then look at the recipe to see how hot to make the oven.

Step 4: COVER WITH FOIL, THEN CHILL IN THE REFRIDGERATOR FOR 8 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT

WHAT?!?!? Sometimes I amaze myself...and in this case, I amazed my starving husband as well.

The good news is that tomorrow we will have an awesome casserole waiting for us after we get home from church :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What time do you get home from church? Need help eating all that?
- Mark Beeson

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»