Friday, April 25, 2008

Texting is better than email

My friend Tim Schraeder is the Communication Director at Park Community Church in Chicago. He's been there for almost a year and has some great ideas on communicating with 20-30 something highly motivated, energetic, educated urbanites since he IS a highly motivated, energetic, educated urbanite.

Today on his blog Tim wrote about a new texting service they are implementing to get info to their people on the go. Read Tim's post HERE.

Personally, I text more than I talk on the phone. Texting is awesome. Texting is better than email.

Churches should consider implementing a communication strategy that involves texting. I think that youth groups should ESPECIALLY consider it. Park is doing it right. They aren't texting every day, they aren't making people crazy sending too many texts or unimportant texts. They're using it as a tool and I am excited to see how it turns out.

Thanks for posting your ideas Tim! I love that you're calling it "Park in your Pocket" so cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out! appreciate your kind words and encouragement. we're pretty excited to launch this and see how it goes!