Tuesday, April 29, 2008

2by2 "The Way of Wisdom"

Last weekend while we were in Chicago we got to go back and visit our old church and go to the 2by2 couples bible study that we were a part of while we were there. It was so fun to reconnect with some of our friends from Calvary Memorial and made us want to continue building into the new friendships we have in our new bible study here at Ada Bible Church.

2by2 was wrapping up a study about God's Will by Dr. James MacDonald from Walk in the Word Ministries. It was really great, all about decision making and the things we should consider before making important decisions in our lives, such as "Who should I marry? How should I serve God? Where should I work? Where should I live? How should I spend?"

Ironically, all of those decisions (except for who should I marry) are ones that Ryan and I are making and will have to make during this season of our life! Perfect timing!

What if we took the time to actually go thru this list of considerations before making big decisions? I think it's going to help me to choose the right thing.

SPIRITUAL Considerations in Decision Making

  • Will this bring glory to God?
  • Is this a decision that Jesus would make?
  • Will I be proud of this decision at the judgment seat of Christ?
RELATIONAL Considerations in Decision Making
  • Would I want this done to me?
  • Could this appear wrong even though it's right?
  • Will this cause a brother or sister in Christ to struggle spiritually?
INTERNAL Considerations for Decision Making
  • Could this lead me into bondage?
  • Can I do this with confidence that it is right?
  • Am I breaking any previous commitments?
If you're interested in hearing more of this study, click HERE

No comments: