Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hello? Hello?

Did you know that in my family growing up we had very specific rules about how we answered the phone at our house?

"Beesons, Amber Speaking"
"Beesons, Angela Speaking"
"Beesons, Aaron ...wait, Aaron never answered the phone thanks to his two sisters

My mom and dad even did it, and still do it to this day! They are all about leading by example. If you call their house and my dad answers, he says"Beesons, Mark Speaking" My mom simplified it, she just says "Beesons" in a really pleasant way.

I think its pretty cool. My mom grew up saying "McNichols Residence" at her house. My friend Sota says "Moshi Moshi" when he answers the phone (that's because he's Japanese) but it's really cool - because it's different.

I need to think of a new way to answer the phone at our house. Hmmmm....

"Cox Cottage" has a nice ring...but we don't live in a cottage so people might get confused
"Cox Residence" ...too formal
"HIYOOOOOOOO!" Really fun, maybe too much fun for an innocent caller on an average day.

Read 8 Ways to Make Your Telephone Personality More Attractive and you'll want to get more creative too!

How do you answer your phone?

8 comments:

meredith said...

"Bulkeley residence, Meredith speaking."

YIKES! It took eighteen years, but I think I finally had it down without spitting before I left.

katie holt said...

let me just say that i loved calling your house for this very reason!

my grandfather answers the phone different every single time. things like, "hortons on the hill," & "murphys mule bar." oddly, everyone is used to getting something random.

i might call your parents house... but maybe not right now :o)

katie holt said...

oh and right now, it takes everything in me not to answer the phone, "apple store irvine spectrum center, this is katie." i have to mentally correct it before i answer

Anonymous said...

haha... True story.

I think the "HIIOOOOOOO" is the way to go : ) That's where it's at!

Angie Aquila said...

I had to answer "Petersen's" and I hated it. I only did it if my parent's were close by. Now that I don't live there the conviently stopped answering that way.

My dad answers his cell phone, "This is Randy" without a greeting. It catches me offguard everytime.

Miss Mandy said...

It depends on who's calling. I always know who's calling so it's fun to say "Hi (insert name here)! How are you today?" It always catches people off guard.

amberWIRE said...

I love all these ideas! HAHAA

Anonymous said...

I slip up at home much like katie does. Occasionally, if you call my house, you'll be greeted with a "Engineering, this is jason"