Thursday, March 26, 2009

Revelation

Last weekend I had a revelation. My mom and sister threw me a baby shower and one of the gifts I opened was a little baby grooming kit with a little soft hairbrush and a tiny comb, some baby nail clippers and an itsy-bitsy toothbrush!

That was the moment...the moment I saw that toothbrush. I had never in my life, until that moment, thought of having to brush a baby's teeth.

Then my mom (because she knows me so well and always seems to know just the right thing to say at the right time) reminded me that babys aren't born with teeth.

And now I can sleep at night. Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

no... the toothbrush won't be needed for quite some time. what you do want to panic about, however, are those nail clippers. ;-) fun stuff! (those are the same ones i use on my kids, actually... but clipping a baby's nails can be a tad stressful!)

Jami said...

HA HA HA... Amber - I go to GCC and think your dad is amazing. I don't know him personally.. I just know his stage presence. I was aimlessly looking through blogs and found yours and I think this excerpt is fantastic. I laughed out loud while thinking in my head that is exactly what I would have done. My "baby" just turned 3 and LOVES to brush his teeth (Thank you Jesus!!).

I do hope you are feeling well and wish you TONS of happy times with the new baby. It will change your life in ways you can't imagine. It's the most awesome responsibility with the most awesome earthly rewards - being a mom !!

I have an idea that we'll be hearing more about the new grandbaby when the time comes. Congrats again and I wish you plenty of rest in the next 8 weeks.

BTW: the pics are AWESOME! I do some amature photography and your friend really did a VERY nice job.

Jami Kamp