Tuesday, March 3, 2009

in other news...

Ryan and I turned into superheros over the weekend.

Pretty much we had a HUGE list of a million things that needed to be done - and we successfully crossed approximately 67 of those things off over the weekend. Whenever Ryan has a weekend off of work we try to go somewhere and do something - which is why it has taken us over a month to unpack our boxes and move into our house.

Weekend Highlights:

  • Purchased items that made us feel very "adult": brooms, a rake, some recycle bins, a weed whacker and a mower
  • Spent the afternoon raking our frozen lawn with our fancy new rake (yes, it was not quite 20 degrees on the last day of February. I'm sure our new neighbors think we're weird)
  • Hung pictures on our walls, which required a lot of teamwork
  • Put a carpet in the living room
  • Picked up an awesome, never-used, in the original wrapping crib mattress from Craig's List
  • Organized the attic - including our first usage of the Shop Vac we got for our wedding that had never been opened
  • Cleaned, cleaned, cleaned
  • Finished the taxes! YAHOO!!
  • Checked out a church down the street
  • Put my clothes in my drawers (and realized that I need some longer shirts in my life. I can tell that my "non maternity" clothes aren't going to work much longer!)

All-in-all it was a GREAT decision to stay home this weekend and get some stuff done! Ryan started his "Night Float" month today - which means some days he works from 1pm until 10pm and other days he works from 8pm until 7am. Night Float is my least favorite month because we are forced to live on completely opposite schedules. The good news is, being on the General Peds floor gives Ryan a chance to learn a lot and see a lot of different types of diseases and problems. He loves learning and is so good at his job. It thrills me to see him succeed and excel the way he has during residency.

Woah - that was a long post. Those of you who actually read the whole thing should go out and get yourselves a gold star today!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

there's your IKEA print hanging on the wall :) cool :)...

we, too, bought our crib mattress from Craigs (for Lucy's toddler bed). It's perfect, an "expensive" brand, and I think it was $20! yay. *very* smart of you.

katie holt said...

i love you and your cute little baby belly! it's so great! i love that buying a mower makes you feel like an adult and yet you'll give birth in like three months. love it!

btw, i just got your message yesterday and it was too late to call. so, i will call you soon when i am in town and amongst people who get phone service.

heather said...

you are lookin' so good, Ambs! Keep the preggo pics comin'! So fun!!

Leticia said...

Yes! I get a gold star :) I drove down your street the other day, but couldn't remember the house number :( I would have totally stopped by uninvited! My sister and I were hanging out (actually went to the Hope vs. Calvin game) and she lives on Brooklyn.

Anyway... you look fab, as always!

amberWIRE said...

Tiece! You should totally drop by anytime you're in the neighborhood! I can't wait to hang out more soon!

Anonymous said...

You look FANTASTIC!