Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm TRYING to Cook and Bake

Cathy is known for her bread. She has been taking care of her "starter" for 15 years now, feeding it every 5 days and making sure that someone can care for it while she is on vacation. Well, she taught me how to make her bread, and it turned out really nice. Im not sure I would be willing to take a starter for myself - for fear that I would kill it within a week -

We also made some company potatos (which are to be eaten when company comes.) They are gloriously delicious!

I think if I had an apron at home I would be a better cook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i believe you're going to HAVE to bring a starter home, because we need that bread in a serious way at 2912...

katie holt said...

just for the record, i have no idea what a 'starter' is...so cooking wise, you are far beyond me already!