Friday, September 1, 2006

forgotten childhood favorites

Today I remembered something. When the memory popped into my head, I couldn't believe that I had gone so many years having not thought about it once.

Tim was using a light table when I came into work this morning ... and I remembered how much I LOVED to trace! I would ask my parents to buy me pads of tracing paper, so thin and delicate, and I would trace anything and everything I could get my hands on. I remember using an overhead projector once, and making a HUGE tracing of something ... I can't remember what, maybe a lion. I remember trying my best to trace through normal paper - which was very difficult - but the finished product could be disguised as an original drawing, which made it all worth it... tee-hee-hee

I am going to trace something today. Maybe Tim will let me use the light table!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me think of a quote from my favorite book which later became my favorite movie- Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless."

If you haven't read this book- go find it, then watch the movie after, then sell everything you own to dramatically travel around North Africa like John Malkovitch and Debra Winger.