Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Leadership Summit!

This years Willow Creek Leadership Summit was one of my favorites yet. Why? You ask, well, because Bono was one of the featured speakers of course!

The following are some of my favorite quotes from some of my favorite speakers.

Bill Hybels - "Willow World"

James Meeks - "Everything that is planted is supposed to grow. What's up with your church?"

Andy Stanley - "The best leadership decision I ever made was the day I decided to cheat my church instead of cheating my family."

Peg Neuhauser - "Use language as a tool, not a weapon."

Ashish Nanda - "When people leave an organization, they leave as ambassadors of that organization."

Jim Collins - "Leadership only exists when people follow, but have the option of not following."

Bono - "Duality is the nark of great art. perhaps that's what's missing from Christian art." "Chill Out" & "Stop asking God to bless what you're doing. Find what God is doing because it's already blessed."

Patrick Lencioni - "Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good."

No comments: