Monday, November 20, 2006

20th Anniversary Weekend

This weekend was INCREDIBLE! We celebrated 20 years of Granger Community Church and had such a fun time seeing pictures and watching medias from a long time ago. I never knew Granger did a commercial for TV in the early days, but they did, and it is Hi-Lariously 80's. I am hoping to get my hands on it so that I can share it with you, the blogosphere.

The most incredible part of the weekend was when the 5:30 service on Saturday night got hijacked so that the church could surprise mom and dad with a gift! Watch the end of the service HERE

A BRAND NEW HONDA PILOT WITH ALL THE FIXINS!!
Mom has never had a nice car...let alone a new one! She used to have a huge Buick...which she drove over 200,000 miles. Then she was blessed with an Astro Mini-Van which was affectionately known as "the brick" due to it's non-aerodynamic shape. Most recently she has been driving a broken down Honda Passport with no AC, broken power windows, and a door that won't open. To top it all off, the Passport has been the hunting vehicle for years, so there is a certain aroma which I will not try to describe here.

It was such a perfect gift from the church to my parents.
I love when I get to see churches loving their pastors!
What a great weekend!

1 comment:

Judy Gregory said...

It was an incredible weekend! God has used your mom and dad to touch hundreds of thousands of lives. Publically and privately they set the pace for scores of people. The cool part is that it's not even close to being over yet.

By the way, two of the many things I will always remember...the Astro mini-van and the poly-foam that we used to lay down in the theatre for Kingdom Kids:)