Friday, October 27, 2006

A2 Conference Review

Over the past 3 days I have been taking a peek inside 6 churches and ministries who are doing some pretty interesting things. Each of the 6 had their own case study that was presented, and each covered a different challenge, from Creating a Come-as-You-Are Culture to Becoming more Multi-Cultural.

I especially loved hearing from Craig Groeschel, whose voice sounds EXACTLY like Nicholas Cage. He talked about LifeChurch.TV which is a multi-site reaching more than 13,000 people with 40 weekly services at 9 locations...the most intriguing of which is the Internet Campus. Through video and technology they are moving the church beyond walls.

CHECK OUT A SERVICE

  • What are you going to do with your life that will last forever?
  • Do you have close friends who are a different race, religion, or ethnicity than you?
  • Are you looking for and meeting the needs of those in your community?
  • Do you have a protagonist (David) or antagonist (Goliath) perspective? Can you see from the other's side?
  • Do people feel like they can come to church to get well or that they have to get well to come to church?
  • Do we love our traditions more than we love our children's traditions? CHANGE!!
  • Will the thing that I pour my life into live on beyond me? What legacy will I leave?

Erwin McManus was not scheduled to speak, but Bill Hybels is still sick, so Erwin wrapped up the conference with a bang! He absolutely nailed it! He says things in ways that I would have never thought them. I loved what Erwin said. I think most Christians in America today need to hear that last session.

It was great to see Mark & Perry there! Check out their reviews of the conference.

No comments: