Monday, December 12, 2011

Peace.

My precious Grandma Beeson died this morning.

When my dad called me with the news my first inclination was joy - that she's with Jesus, that she is walking and telling jokes and singing songs again.

Then I wept.

... because I'll miss her even though I've missed her for 10 years since Alzheimer's took her away without physically taking her away.

... because her life was never an easy one, but she chose to walk in Joy despite her circumstances. She was a light. She was a character, always bringing the fun, and the funny wherever she went.

... because the legacy she left in the lives of her 3 children, (Aunt Becky, Uncle Matt and my Dad) shows the impact of her faithfulness. She raised great kids. She loved on her 9 grand kids and even got to meet some of her great grand kids, including my Ruby. Her family loved her dearly. We will miss her.


I can't help but smile at the thought of Grandma strolling down the streets in Heaven, meeting Jesus face-to-face, and chatting it up with her great grand-daughter Ava.
Psalm 23
God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. 4 Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. 5 You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. 6 Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Josh Hunter said...

I am certain that Ava greeted her with a hum ho hum ho and that Grandma responded with, "Well, hello Rosemary!". Lis and I spent a lot of this morning joking about what those two characters must be doing together. Ava was a bit more like Grandma than the rest. I know they are loving it together. I am not even sad today. My girl has family around her that I knew and knew me. What a joyous celebration. Can't wait to join them!!! Love you cuz.

Michelle said...

Great post, love reading about your Grandma healed from Alzheimer's, walking with Jesus, and hangin' with your sweet cousin Ava!