Thursday, December 15, 2011

Clara | 8-months

I thought Clara was 6 months old, but then I overheard my friend Lindsey telling someone about how her son Royce is 8 months old and I was confused because Royce and Clara were both born in May. So that's how I recently discovered that Clara is 8 months old. Mom of the Year award.

I love getting to know my little Clara girl more with each passing week. It's a blast figuring out who she is as she becomes more and more interactive and reveals more of her personality. Sometimes we call her "The Silent Observer" because of the way she quietly sits in her chair, just watching and listening to all the commotion going on around her. She's peace in the midst of a storm, but when she wants to be heard she has no trouble making herself known! WHEW! She has got some serious decibel power in that little body!
  • She laughs more at Ryan than anyone else. I try so hard to get her to giggle, but it takes A LOT of work on my part. Ryan just has to look in her direction and she gets all giggly and smiley.
  • She started hugging me back, just enough that I can tell she's holding on to me while I'm holding onto her. Its such a fun feeling when babies are old enough to hug.
  • She loves her feet. If they're anywhere in sight she is going for them. The toes of her shoes are worn and her socks are always slobbery where she gets them in her mouth.
  • She's a champion sleeper, napping from 10-12 and 2-4 every day then in bed by 8pm.
  • If Ruby is within ear-shot, Clara is on the lookout for her. She loves her sister and gets a kick out of watching Ruby running around like a crazy person. Ruby loves to entertain Clara, so this works out well.
  • Clara is a chubby bunny. She loves to eat peas, bananas, applesauce, oatmeal, and especially sweet potatoes. I feed her at 8am, 12, 4 and 8.
  • She's been making funny faces, sucking her top lip in and sticking out her tongue at the same time. (try it yourself, it's pretty funny.)
  • Splashing in the bath is her favorite thing and she and LOVES if Ruby is in the tub with her. 

Time is FLYING. Clara is growing faster than I can switch out the clothes in her drawer for the ones in the bin in her closet. If she continues at this rate I might have to buy clothes for her this summer instead of passing along the 6-9 month clothes that Ruby was in when she was 1. Needless to say, she's precious and I love her little face so much. My heart can't handle how much love I have for Ryan and Ruby and Clara. I am blessed.

1 comment:

The De Jager Family said...

Ruby was in 6-9 month clothes at age 1?! You must have little peanuts. Kassidy is in 12-18 month clothes at age one... YIKES! Hope you guys are doing well and have a Merry Christmas.