Thursday, November 17, 2011

Winds of Change on Kodiak

Recent updates make it sound like he might actually be able to get a flight home sooner rather than later! Thanks for your continued prayers!
Here's what he said:

Wednesday Nov 16th late night email from Dad to Mom:

We've got a shift in the wind. It's blowing from the south right now. It hasn't done that all week. The Outfitter says it hasn't done that for nearly 4 weeks!  Maybe this is the first sign of some positive change in the weather. It's possible that we can get out tomorrow. If not, it's predicted that the snow will end and the winds calmed down by Friday.  We'll be heading that way soon. 
Thursday Nov 17th morning email from Dad to Mom:

We've gotten packed and we're ready to fly. If we're high enough on the priority list they'll probably pick us up today. We are READY! If we can't get out I'll let you know, otherwise I'll call you from Kodiak City when we arrive there. Maybe today is the day! The winds have died down. The sun is bright and beautiful. It all looks "good" where we are. We've actually heard a couple of planes as they flew to rescue the hunters in dire straits. We're fine. We'll be fine until they get us and then we'll head home. I love you so much! I can't wait to see you again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

praise God!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this update, Amber. I am thinking of him constantly, too and praying! I pray for those guys in the tents, too. I'll be so glad when he gets back to Granger! Love you. --Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this update, Amber. I am thinking of him constantly, too and praying! I pray for those guys in the tents, too. I'll be so glad when he gets back to Granger! Love you. --Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Apparently I can't say that enough. Shheessee. - Aunt Becky

Anonymous said...

Amber, Thank you so much for posting information on your dad's status. I have been checking everyday. Praying for his safe return

Leslie Petersen said...

Oh Amber thanks so much. He is constantly on my mind. i was really starting to get worried.
Leslie P