Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Birthday/Labor Day Weekend @ Cox Cottage

We had a great weekend with Ryan's parents at their cottage in Michigan. First of all, Clara has been giggling and it is AWESOME! Here are 29 seconds of giggles for you to enjoy.

Saturday when we arrived it was HOT HOT HOT, so I worked on my tan and we all went swimming in the lake. Ryan's Grandpa and Grandma Fisher came up from Toledo for the day.


I captured Ruby wearing one of my favorite things - The Bread Bag Hat. My Granny's mother, who my mother called "Memaw" made this hat a LOOOONG time ago out of Wonder Bread bags. I wore it a lot during summers at Sweetwater Lake growing up. I think it looks best on my Ruby girl.
Sunday we woke up and it was FRIGID out! I have no idea what happened, all I know is that I am a bad mother and failed to pack any long pants for either of my children. They survived, and I will pack better next time! We did get to "attend" a wedding on the sandbar. Here's a picture of the wedding pontoons. The bride is on the one on the left wearing the white tank top...
It wasn't like anything I'd ever seen - apparently Ryan had never seen anything like it either. Here's Ryan watching the wedding.

In other news, I am no longer just "30"... now I am "in my 30's" and am not sure how I feel about it. All I know, is every year my life gets more exciting and I'm sure this one will too. Thankful for Jesus, for my incredible husband, for my two precious daughters, my family, friends, and for the "soon-to-be" friends I will make this year in Columbus. Here are a few more pics from the weekend.





No comments: