Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Appalachian Trail



Ryan and I hiked on the Appalachian Trail once before, but it was so fun to do around 6 miles of it again with John, Aaron and Tracy.


It's an intense hike - which I attempted to capture after scaling on all-fours up this rock I brushed myself off and turned in time to take Aaron's picture. He just billy-goated up like it was no big deal. Anyway, it was more intense than this picture of my super-athletic brother makes it look.



Ryan loved the lushness of the green mossy deep dark woods.


We saw a lot of bear scat (yes, we Beesons call it scat) on the trail. It had berries in it, which made me think bears like to ear berries more than they like to eat humans.


On our drive back to the cabin we came upon a momma bear and her 3 cubs. I wish all of the cubs were standing close enough to get them all in one picture because they were so cute. This will have to do.

No comments: