Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NuThang - dcTalk


So, pretty much I've officially entered the "waiting game" stage of pregnancy, which gives me time to find incredibly awesome things on the internet. I came across this video today of a kid rapping dcTalk's NuThang and it made me think 2 things.

  1. The kid in the following video is the exact male version of myself when I was 11. From the "Jesus is Lord" t-shirt to the Zubaz and hitops. If you add some balsamwood dangly earrings and a gigantic side ponytail with just my bangs permed, you would be watching me rapping and roger-rabbiting in this video. 
  2. I'm thankful this isn't me, because this video is certain to become an internet sensation at any moment.
  3. How many of my friends would admit to knowing all the words to this song, singing and dancing along as they watched?
To all the true dcTalk fans out there - ENJOY!

3 comments:

Kate said...

You know, I think my life is better because of this song. How sad it must be for those people out there who have never enjoyed this sonic candy.

Between you and Nic, I have heard Nu Thang 3 times in the last month.

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nic said...

You know who's doing it? Me, that's who. I bust out a Nu Thang reference on a consistent basis. The most recent being last week at our youth group. I'm pretty sure the kids have no idea what I was talking about... It's their loss