Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weekend Reflections

I am having a flashback from when Ryan was in Med School. We don't have any ink left in our print cartridges at home...so we are at the secret library at the hospital so Ryan can get his work done.


We had a good weekend.
  • Our friends Bryan and Michelle came to visit from Chicago.

  • Friday night we had dinner at The Green Well (one of our new favorite places to eat in Grand Rapids). Eating there gives us hope for Michigan's economy. Its a new place that just opened about 6 months ago and it is PACKED every night of the week.

  • The sun was shining on Saturday - which makes everything in life seem better. This winter has been one of the worst I can remember. Im not sure if that is because it actually WAS a more terrible winter than typical, or if its because I tend to block painful things from my memory bank and have forgotten about every other winter of my life.

  • We went out for Sushi with Joel and Faye on Saturday night - and as you know, I would eat sushi every meal of every day if I could.

  • This morning we went to the 9:30 service at church...but when we got there we found out it was actually the 9:15 service - which meant we were late. I hate being late. They've been doing a series called "How We Grow" and going through the verse in 2 Peter that talks about adding to your faith Goodness, Knowledge, Self-Control, Perseverance, Godliness, Brotherly Kindness and Love. Its been a good series. I have been inspired to re-read Richard Foster's "The Celebration of Discipline"

  • After church we had some lunch at our house with Bryan and Michelle before they headed back to Chicago. We miss them. We have a lot of fun together.

  • To top off the greatness of the weekend I took a little nap this afternoon. Awesome.

How was your weekend?

No comments: