Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Paper Cuts


I absolutely LOVE the stories that artist Peter Callesen tells with nothing but glue and a single sheet of paper.

"Traces in the Snow" (above) is my favorite!

Check out more of his work HERE!"I find the A4 sheet of paper interesting to work with, because it probably still is the most common and consumed media and format for carrying information today, and in that sense it is something very loaded. This means that we rarely notice the actual materiality of the A4 paper. By removing all the information and starting from scratch using the blank white 80gsm A4 paper as a base for my creations, I feel that I have found a material which, on one hand, we all are able to relate to, and which on the other hand is non-loaded and neutral and therefore easier to fill with different meanings. The thin white paper also gives the paper sculptures a fragility which underlines the tragic and romantic theme of the works." Peter Callesen

3 comments:

Flame Lilly said...

Seriously...where do you find these things????
I LOVE it!!!
S:)

Miss Mandy said...

I have a few more of these saved in an email somewhere. I love some of the pieces that are framed. Gorgeous stuff!

Dan Vukmirovich said...

Beautiful and amazing! Miss you guys!