Thursday, March 6, 2008

Scheduled Emergency

When I got home from work last night there was a message on our answering machine. I pressed play and continued walking down the hall to hang up my coat.

"Hi Amber, This is Kathy from Dr. Patel's office. Dr. Patel will be having an emergency next Thursday so we are going to have to reschedule the appointment that you had scheduled..."

...will be having an emergency?
...next Thursday?
...is it still considered an emergency if you know about it a week in advance?

Remind me to plan some emergencies in the future.

Also, remind me that booking a check up at the dermatologist three months in advance will not ensure that you will actually have the appointment.

4 comments:

J Aquila said...

not just an emergency ... but a scheduled dermatology emergency.

wow.

heather said...

oh, man! good stuff! i just shared this with my playwriting class. i love it!

natalie said...

haha! that's GREAT!

Leticia said...

That's hilarious! I laughed out loud... I can imagine after listening to that just being baffled and listening to it over and over again! Hope you and Ryan are doing wonderfully well! We’d still love to have you over!