Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Swimming Lessons

Ruby did awesome at her 2nd week of swimming lessons! According to Miss Patty (the instructor) today was "the most aggressive" of the 5 lessons. Basically, we went under a lot. Ruby practiced swimming under water toward the wall, hanging onto the wall, floating on her back, kicking her legs, reaching and pulling with her arms and of course, splashing.
Her little body is so floaty and buoyant... I find it comforting to know I can use her as my own flotation device if needed. :o)

4 comments:

The Beeson's said...

Awesome. She is a officially a water baby : )

Mark Beeson said...

Oh my! This is about the most glorious and fun post ever in the history of blogdom! She's a swimmer!

allison said...

I vividly remember my mom letting go of me in the pool during swim lessons to let me sink or swim - I went under and then she picked me back up, laughing at me! That was probably an "aggressive" lesson too.

Becky Hunter said...

Gold medalist 2020!!!