Thursday, January 14, 2010

Seven Months Old

This month it seems that Ruby is becoming quite the little personality.

  • She is so much more aware of her surroundings and loves to look back and forth with her whole head instead of using peripheral vision.
  • She is figuring out what things she thinks are fun to do and lets us know with loud screams, coughs, raspberries and squeals when she is not happy about something. She's a hot mess when she's not happy.
  • She recognizes her grandparents when she sees them and has been reaching out to anyone who might pick her up.
  • She is learning how to wave "bye bye" and "hi"
  • She loves green beans and carrots, thinks applesauce is terrible and can't get a good grip on slippery banana slices or squishy avocado quite yet so she just smears those all over her face and tray.
  • We spend time each day playing with blocks, singing, dancing, looking out the window at the snow and reading books.
  • She's taking 2 good naps (1.5-2 hours each) every day and is still doing well at night. I'm going to attempt to take her paci away this month... should be interesting.
  • One of her favorite things is the anticipation from the time she hears Ryan open the door to the moment she can actually see his face when he comes home from work. She gets so excited, sometimes I think she might spontaneously combust!
The months are flying by! Pretty soon we'll be celebrating her 1st birthday, then off to college she goes! Enjoy the video!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

This little video of Ruby is adorable! It made us smile and laugh too! :o)

Tracy Beeson said...

I CANNOT wait to see you guys!!!

Mak Beeson said...

So, I can't stop crying when I watch this. I think that's a sign of fatigue, love and great joy in the wonderful family you are building. I'm so proud of you!

Michelle Wegner said...

Me, Maddie and Whitney are watching this and laughing and laughing. Her giggle is so contageous.

Both girls corrected me and said I did not have propper grammar in my first sentence. Whatever. :) I miss when I could make them giggle by making snorting noises.

Lori said...

Amber, as I watch Ruby I catch myself with a wide grin and watery eyes all at the same time. You may not know it yet, but you will even fall more and more in love with her in times to come. Your blogs and videos cause me to reflect on the joy of being a mom..thank you! It seems only yesterday my boys were doing these very same things.