Friday, August 15, 2008

PEACE

"May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you; and be gracious to you, and give you His peace."

Numbers 6:24-26

When I was at Hope College, each Sunday night at The Gathering Ben Patterson would close each service by lifting his bible in one hand outstretching his other hand toward the crowd and reciting this blessing. Every time I read it, or hear it I remember sitting in a crowded pew in the chapel at Hope with 1,500 other students, and feeling like God's face was shining upon me, he was blessing and keeping me, and I felt peace.


2 comments:

jess o said...

Oh, that brought me back! Love it. Thanks for writing and sharing a bit of peace. I feel it. :)

Anonymous said...

I sing that verse to Isabelle every single night. It is her favorite part of the day.