Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bono on Idol Tonight

As part of his ongoing efforts to fight AIDS and poverty in Africa, U2's Bono will participate in the IDOL GIVES BACK fundraising special airing Tonight 8/7c on FOX.


My favorite Irish singer will meet with the six American Idol finalists to talk about the work of ONE: The Campaign to Make Poverty History (http://www.one.org/) and how the IDOL audience can help. The IDOL contestants also will perform "American Prayer," a song written by Bono and Dave Stewart about the AIDS emergency in Africa.
As my friend Dan said, "It will be cool to raise the awareness of the non-Oprah watching, Gap shopping, iPod listening public in order to get the word out about possibly the greatest humanitarian crisis of our generation."

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I was disappointed Bono wasn't on the show more - but in typical Bono form he managed to put everything into perspective with only a few words. You're a U2 fan? Yay - they are my *obsession*!

Anyway, the highlight of last night's show for me, ended up being the holographic Elvis "If I Can Dream" performance! - that was sooo cool! I could do without Celine but whatever...

Did you not cry like, throughout the whole show....? My gosh...

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, that this was one Idol show I was actually glued on. I think they did a really great job and I even participated in some online giving during the commercial break. I feel like an official AI fanatic! :) But what a cool thing they are doing, using a platform for such an amazing cause. I think God is looking down thinking..."yes! Finally...they're getting it..."