Thursday, July 27, 2006

I love my new Job!

Today was my first day of my new job at Aspire!One~

I am thrilled to get to be a part of such a dynamic team of creative geniuses! You are probably hoping that I will go into detail about the job itself, but that will have to wait for another blog because right now I have so much to tell you about Sycamore, IL!

Sycamore is far enough away that I started seeing signs for Iowa on my way there. Talk about corn fields! I thought Indiana had corn, until I drove to Sycamore. Its so far away that my radio stations didn't work out there ... and I started to wonder if my cell phone would get any reception. I have to get an I-Pass soon, or I am going to be paying $4.80 per day in tolls...which is not good. I don't know much about the I-Pass, but what I do know is that you get to zoom through the toll booths instead of waiting in line to see a real person. I think it might even save some money in the long run, but im not positive about that.

I had a quarter tank of gas when I left my house this morning and by the time I got out to Sycamore it was empty. Fortunately there is one gas station in the entire zipcode. :o) Even more fortunately, gas was only $2.99 a gallon. I was pumped at the pump as I thought about how happy Ryan would be to hear that I saved .29 cents per gallon buying gas in Sycamore today instead of by our house in Riverside.

Dawn, Keith, Tim, & Lee decided to give me a taste of the local flavor for lunch. We went to Hank's - a tiny bar whith great food where everyone knew the names of the waitresses. I loved it. Sycamore is famous for the Pumpkin Festival and apparently the parade is one of the biggest in the state. This could be due to the fact that every high school band in the area participates.

Thats all for now. I can't wait to tell you more about Sycamore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»