Monday, July 20, 2009

Growth Happens

It's not easy blogging with one hand - but I'm getting quite good at it these days. Right now Ruby is in the crook of my left arm, just hanging out, staring at me and letting out an occasional squeal or sigh as if she's making sure I realize she's still laying there.


I seriously can't believe how fast she is growing and changing! This morning I was looking through her newborn pics that were taken when she was just 9 days old. She didn't do much back then... but now she is smiling, cooing, kicking her legs around and with her eyes she's following the fish that swim in circles when we turn on her mobile. It's incredible! She is showing quite a personality and seems to love hearing herself squeal.

I love meeting and seeing people with babies that are a little older than Ruby. At church this weekend I saw a little 6 month old girl standing on her daddy's lap and laughing at him as he moved his knees back and forth. Whenever I see something like that I can't help but picture Ryan doing the same thing with Ruby in a few months. 
I'm becoming more aware everyday that I need to cherish these days, when she is still so small she wakes up in the same spot I as where I laid her down. I want to cherish each time that she gives me her hungry grunts and snorts and I get to spend 30 minutes feeding her, just being with her, staring at her, praying for her and knowing that she wouldn't rather be anywhere else.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Yes, they change so much so quickly. Each stage is even more fun than the one before it, but you're right, cherish who she is *right now* because tomorrow she won't be the same. You look so happy, by the way! :)

Nic said...

Hey Amber, just wanted to say hey and let you know that Ruby is a little cutie. It was great getting to see you for like 2 seconds on Friday. I was hoping that you would get to meet Logan but I understand sleeping when you get the chance to sleep. If you are ever back in town and would like Ruby to meet Logan you should give us a call.

Just in case you were wondering. Getting to show off your kid never gets old.

Tell Ryan I said hello and that he missed a great day of hunting Carp

Mo said...

Awww. Mindy is right. Andy and I say all the time that it gets better everyday.

I remember one time when Colt was a newborn just holding him and crying and asking God to burn this moment in my heart so I never forget how precious and important it was.