Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tulip Time

Yes friends, it's that time of year again, the time when all the dutch dancers dust off their Klompen Shoes and pull on 5 or 6 pairs of socks to hit the streets for the Tulip Time Festival. Ryan and I woke up this morning, checked the weather and decided not to drive to Holland for the festivities.

Then we looked out the window at the glorious sun and changed our minds.


The weather forecast for today was cloudy with thunderstorms...but according to these pictures we took this morning, the weather man was WAY OFF! Check out that hybrid tulip we found!


5 comments:

Mindy said...

yay! you got perfect weather (the earlier part of the day anyway)... I am going Wednesday + I can't wait. Lucy has wooden shoes and a costume...

Elizabeth said...

I kind of miss Tulip Time! I'm glad the weather is good.

Sarah said...

There is was nothing better than teaching my little elementary students how to do the dances for the tulip time festival. Those were the days.

Matt said...

Ryan + flowers = good times

annemarievanl said...

Hi
In your blog I read that you have been to the Tulip Festival. Did you see any dancer loose or break one of his/her klompen? I am from Holland, Europe and I collect everything that has to do with Dutch klompen. I still miss een pic of a dancer losing/breaking a clog
Kind regards

Annemarie

vanloenenannemarie@yahoo.com