Friday, May 30, 2008

My Brother the Ironman

While we were on vacation relaxing, my little brother Aaron was competing in the Ford 70.3 Ironman in Florida. Ryan and I called him last night and laughed and laughed as he told us the hilarious stories. He said he was used to following the lines on the bottom of the pool, so the swim was a little crazy since he had to keep looking up to see where he was going.
Then during the bike ride it started pouring down rain - which he said was awesome because it cooled him off, but then he remembered that the shoes he was wearing were the same ones he'd be running in.
So he ran in water-logged shoes that were probably 8 pounds each for the rest of the race - but that didn't stop him. He just kept going - like a really handsome version of the energizer bunny.

There are few things I can think of that would be more incredible. I would be hooked up to an IV passed out in one of the med tents, but not Aaron. He's just standing there at the end looking like an Ironman.

You are awesome Aaron! We are so proud! Nice work!

3 comments:

Carlson's said...

I agree, I feel like we have been friends for years. It was meant to be. :) looking forward to hearing from you and hanging out real soon! Have a great week.

J Aquila said...

Aaron - I know you read this from time to time, so let me just state that you are indeed the man. I'm proud of myself when I make it to the gym 3 times a week.

Corey Mann said...

You win the Certified B.A. award!