Monday, January 7, 2008

On poking my own eyes out...

For the last couple of weeks I have seen a few commercials for CoverGirl's New LASH BLAST Mascara. Now, being the Mary Kay lady that I am, I typically do not stray from the tried and true MK Ultimate Products...however, Drew Barrymore is on these commercials and I really like her. So yesterday Ryan and I were at Meijer getting groceries and I see it. The colorful LASH BLAST Mascara display. I picked one up and excitedly said to Ryan "Drew Barrymore likes this kind of Masacara! I've been wanthing to try it!"


This morning before work I tried it out...and have been wanting to poke my own eye's out ever since!
This is the worst mascara I have ever tried in my life! First of all, the wand is bendy, so you can't really get it to go where you want. I got mascara all over the place. Secondly, the bristles on the wand are so stubby they don't really get any product on them, so you're basically just rubbing a stick across your lashes hoping some mascara sticks. I have blonde eyelashes, so I like to have mascara that goes on smooth and thick the first time.
After one coat of this I was very disappointed with the results. So I tried another coat, and another...only to find that my lashes were not looking thick and beautiful, and I got some on my left contact which I had to take out and wash off, but it wouldn't wash off because it was waterproof, so I ended up ripping my contact with all the vigorous scrubbing and had to open a new one. By the time I finally recomposed myself I was almost late for work and my entire morning routine had been messed up.
Once I got to work my eyes started feeling kinda irritated, and my lashes were so stiff I was afraid they were going to break and fall off everytime I blinked...so I stopped blinking for the rest of the day, which made everyone look at me strangely.
I went home at lunch, grabbed my MK Gentle Eyemakeup Remover and a cotton ball, carefully removed the horrid LASH BLAST Mascara and threw the tube in the trash.
Dear Drew Barrymore, I love you, but I hate your mascara.

5 comments:

Angie said...

How funny yet irritating! Thanks for the heads up- I'll stick with my tried and true Clinique.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, the curvy brushes do not work. I tend to use the very end almost as much as the middle. Hope your eye recovers! Love, MOMO

Flame Lilly said...

That is hilerious!! Although, a bummer for you! Sometimes it's just best to stick w/ the brands we like!
Thanks for the good laugh though!
S:)

J Aquila said...

That sounds like it really sucked.

Hey, I was thinking about coming up to GR on Saturday morning for a Mike Huckabee Presidential Rally. It's downtown, but I thought maybe we all could meet up for lunch, if you're available. Let me know.

Sarah said...

This made me laugh and feel bad for you. I hope that your eye feels better! Love you!