In recent days I have become a master at ripping packing tape. Between feeding Clara
every time I turn around and chasing Ruby around, we're about 87% finished packing our house and preparing for our move to Columbus in 6 days.
I just re-read my blog about our move from Chicago to Grand Rapids, as well as our move from downtown GR to Alger Heights before Ruby was born, so I am feeling motivated that we can do it again. WHEW!
This morning I ate my cereal out of a red Solo cup. Somehow I neglected to leave a cereal bowl out for myself while we were packing the kitchen despite the fact that cereal is my main food group.
We had a break from packing on Sunday night so we took a little pontoon ride on Reed's Lake with Ryan's parents. Chris took this picture of Ruby as the sun was setting.
- What needs to go in our van instead of the moving van.
- Why doesn't the U-Haul store sell packing tape in bulk? Most people who are moving need more than one roll.
- I want to be able to focus more on being a wife and a mom and less on moving.
- Need to find a church, a MOPS group and immediately get involved in some play groups to meet new friends once we get there.
- Unpacking our boxes and finding a place for everything. I need to restore order to our life ASAP!
- Getting Clara's crib and nursery set up so I can stop using our living room couch as her changing table in the middle of the night.
- Figuring out how to have the girls bedrooms on the 2nd floor and ours on the 1st... running stairs will be part of my fitness regimen.
- Adjusting to Ryan's new work schedule.
- Spicy Tuna Sushi (I am usually thinking about this)