Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Old Fort - St. Augustine

One of the stops on our sightseeing tour of St. Augustine was The Old Fort or Castilla de San Marcos, built by the Spanish starting in 1672. It's in remarkable shape for being so old. (I hope someone says that about me someday.)

We got to see a historic weapons demonstration where they blasted one of the old cannons out into the bay. I don't think a cannonball actually came out, but I'm not positive. It was quite a loud explosive experience which Ryan genuinely enjoyed, as you can see by the look on his face.

Aaron and Tracy, looking like they should be in a tourism magazine.
This is the man that I love.
Ryan and Aaron keeping watch for enemy vessels at one of the towers. They are too funny together.
In closing, here's a picture of The Bump... as of 2 weeks ago. I feel like she's growing faster than my body can keep up. She's over 5 pounds and 18 inches long right now.

No comments: