Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Books

Check out this cute hat Grandma Cox made for Ruby.
Ruby and I have a new tradition of reading a book each morning. Since she isn't quite old enough to be interested in her own books, I've been reading my books out loud to her while she sits on my lap. She quietly listens, yawns, looks around... obviously enthralled.

The following quote is from the book we read this morning called "Many Ways to Say I Love You - Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers
"Being a giver grown out of the experience of having been a receiver - a receiver who has been lovingly given to."
 - Fred Rogers

2 comments:

J Aquila said...

You should en the reading time with the following ...

"Let's make the most of this beautiful day. Since we're together, we might as well say ... Would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor?"

Goodbye, neighbor. Looks like you guys are enjoying the wee one.

I need a pic of Ruby in her iPoo onesie.

heather said...

I love that hat!!

I did this with Z for a while - read whatever I was reading out loud. For a while I was reading "Tess of the Durbervilles" and hoping she wasn't catching onto it - DEPRESSING! :)