Monday, June 1, 2009

On being a crazy person...

I may or may not have become a bit of a crazy person in the last 6 days or so...

  • I might have spent a good amount of time this weekend scrubbing the bath tub better than its ever been scrubbed before

  • There is a chance that I have planned out our calendar (and the calendars of many of our friends) through next September

  • Ryan might have asked me to stop organizing the grocery cart while we were shopping at Meijer the other day

  • My newly serviced vacuum may already need the bag changed again

  • I've had about 4 pedicures in my entire life - one of which I got tonight hoping that it might induce labor - So far it hasn't worked for me.

  • What's next? How about a nice bottle of Mom Spit!
I'm kinda excited to get past this "preggo/crazy person" phase and into the "new mom/still sorta crazy" phase.

8 comments:

EB said...

oh yes, you'll be having that baby SOON! the crazy is a good sign! it got worse for me right before i went into labor! :)

Mindy said...

guilty of all of the above! have you checked your refrigerator shelves lately? j/k... i'm sure they're spotless! :)

Becky Hunter said...

BABY BEECOX come out so your mom can hold you in her arms! You are going to love it there!

amberWIRE said...

I forgot to mention that I did a load of laundry which consisted of a bunch of my shoes, sneakers and flip flops...

for real.

Nic said...

grocery cart every time I go shopping. Jen and I have this conversation every time we go. She just throws the stuff in and I have to remind her that we need to strategically plan for check out! She doesn't really care but I just have to do it...The same way I'll write out the grocery list in the order of the isles that way I can start in the back and work my way to the front.

amberWIRE said...

Nic, that's so awesome! I totally have to do the same thing - so when we're checking out it's important to me that the heavy things go first so they end up in the bottom of the cart, and that all the produce goest last...since it's produce.

It makes total sense to me! Glad to know you feel the same way!

Sarah Schraw said...

So funny! And I thought all the summer planning was to reassure yourself that you'd get out of the house post-baby, when all along it was just your pre-labor nesting instinct.

ODCFkids said...

at least i'm organized in other aspects of our life - don't let nic fool you...

also, weeks before logan came, since he was late so my crazy had time to really set in, i was scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees, scrubbing every scrubable surface, and yaking at the apartment people about how if i saw one bug in my apartment i was pretty much going to flip out on them... yikes!

and i thought nesting was a joke...