Tuesday, January 6, 2009

On Working Out

It's my 18th week of pregnancy and have decided that it's more fun being pregnant when you start to actually LOOK like you're pregnant...compared to early in pregnancy when you look like a chubby bunny whose shirts are too tight.

When I first found out I was pregnant I got really inspired and purchased a couple of workout DVDs from Amazon.com to stay buff during my pregnancy. I found these videos by these Cirque De Soleil performers.

I am proud to say I have completed the strength training video three times in the last four months and have completed the yoga video zero times.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Woohoo! You go girl! I worked out ZERO times during my pregnancy. Well, that was until I was at the end of my pregnancy and I would walk and walk and walk trying to get that baby out! I think it is fine to look big and pregnant. Embrace your plump pudginess! I am sure you are gorgeous!

B. Irv said...

Amber you are hilarious. keep up with just being active :)

Anonymous said...

Amber, I heard that doing an elliptical machine can be very helpful during pregnancy. My husband and I bought one about 3 years ago. We have it on our 3rd floor workout area, and I just love it. My husband likes to run, but I'd rather do the elliptical. Try it out sometime if you have one.

Miss Mandy said...

prenatal yoga is awesome for keeping your muscles from tightening during labor. Some muscles have to be tightened, while others have to be loose. Try it. It'll really help in the delivery room.

Another thing that helps is water aerobics. Towards the end when you feel so heavy & big, you can feel weightless while you excercise.

amberWIRE said...

Luke - you're such a snake! haha.

Andy said...

If you don't wanna work out, don't : ) You're only pregnant a few times in your life. Enjoy. BUT, i will say, next time around, I'm going to work out stretching out more. That was one of the things I missed the most while I was preg with Colt. Lack of flexibility.

Try putting your ankles around your neck.

haha.

Don't try that...

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your cousin Joel. That picture of biceps pregnant lady is terrifying to me. Is her workout just her bending iron bars over her abdomen? She will have to be very careful when her baby is born and she throws him up and down in the air to make sure she doesn't throw him through the ceiling.