Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I heart the Chevy Volt

You may or may not know this about me...but I am a fan of the Chevy Volt. My friend Katie, from Vox knows a lot about the Volt because her hubby Tony pretty much is the biggest Volt fan I've ever met.

When it comes to plugging in, the Volt will be designed to use a common 110–volt household plug [sweetness]. For someone who drives less than 40 miles a day [that's me], Chevy Volt will use zero gasoline and produce zero emissions. For longer trips, Chevy Volt's range-extending power source kicks in to recharge the lithium-ion battery pack as required.
Tony (who reads the Volt blog on a daily basis) told me all about the Volt, and since that day I have been eagerly awaiting the year 2010 when they will be available for me to buy. I have also been interested in the unveiling of the actual design.

This first shot is the concept car - which pretty much looks like a crazy batmobile/old man-type car. I don't like it...I think it's too sticky-outie. I hoped that maybe the actual design might be a little cuter, smaller, softer, not so mean and manly, and today the pictures leaked of what is potentially the actual design (see 2nd image)

So what do you think? Could you imaging me buzzing around in this little beauty?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure that first car needs a giant mustache on the front of it.

You're right, it's mean and manly.

Rite Me Up said...

Yeah the Volt looks pretty wicked. My friend drives around in an all electric RAV4 - they're still around, but getting much harder to find. The fact that it's still going says a lot about the technology. Too bad we still have a wait for the volt to come out.