Friday, November 2, 2007

What Was Your First Job?

  1. Bruno's Pizza Phone Chick - This was a pretty awesome job while I was in High School, except for one problem...everyone got to take smoke breaks - but since I didn't smoke, I never got to take a break. So one day I told my boss I'd smoke for a break...so they gave me a cigarette and I went out back and smoked it. Let's just say, that break wasn't worth it.
  2. Lunker's Bait Shop Attendant/Cashier - This job was really great too, because it gave my dad an excuse to buy more hunting and fishing gear (to support me in my job). I enjoyed knowing more about hunting and fishing than most of the guys I worked with.
  3. Cutco Field Sales Manager - This was the absolute best job that a college student could possibly have. I made enough money during the three months of summer that I didn't have to work at all during school. For 5 years I sold Cutco knives. I'll sell you some today if you want me to. They are awesome! Ryan and I have Cutco at our house.
  4. Mary Kay - I still have a Mary Kay business...but pretty much it's all online. So if anyone out there ever needs some skincare or lip gloss, go to MY WEBSITE
  5. The Salvation Army Volunteer Coordinator - After Hurricane Katrina I started volunteering in the phone bank and within a few weeks they hired me full time at Emergency Disaster Services! I loved helping people help people. We worked out in the warehouse assembling Food Boxes and Hygiene Kits to send down to the Gulf Coast. I loved it.
  6. AspireOne - This was a fun job for me because I got to talk to pastors all day and help churches identify their uniqueness and then our team would build a brand and website around that uniqueness. I loved it.
  7. Birkey - For 6 weeks before I moved to Grand Rapids I got to help Randy Birkey while learning a ton about search engine optimization, e-commerce, web interface design and content management systems.
  8. Designvox - I am now entering my 5th week as a Voxer. I could not be happier about the team I get to hang out with, the projects I get to help with, and the cool stuff I am learning every day. I love it.
What was your first job?

1 comment:

Leticia said...

Picking strawberries at a fruit and vegetable farm... I'll never be as fast or talented as the migrant workers!

You've had a ton of jobs! That's a great display of all of your gifts :) We should reconnect to try to get together soon!