Monday, November 19, 2007

On Voting

I love that I can vote - so when I ran into this article today, it really surprised me about my generation. Come on guys! I don't think we're representing well!

A new study found that many NYU students would give up their right to vote for the right price. More than 60 percent said they would forfeit their voting rights for a full scholarship, and 20 percent said they'd trade their vote for an iPod touch.

You can read the whole article HERE

Would you give up your vote for anything? If so, what would it take?

5 comments:

heather said...

This is interesting!! Definitely shows that we feel our vote doesn't count. I might trade it for a full scholarship... :)

Chris Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Cox said...

i might give up my right to vote for a full scholarship.... but the ipod touch got me hands down.

Deanna said...

Hi Amber. Don't know if you remember me or not.... I'm Scott Greene's wife.... from the Camp Adventure days?!!

Anyway, I've been praying for a family from Michigan, and after one of their recent blog entries, I felt like I should contact you.... They have been in the process of adopting a baby who was born at 24-weeks from Ohio.... and he is going to be transferred to DeVos pretty soon, I think. Didn't know if you might have contacts in Grand Rapids for someone who might be able to help out in this situation. If you have a minute, you can read their story (it's pretty amazing!).... and their blog entry from Sunday talks about their more specific needs. http://www.tiffanyandjason.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Amber! Blessings to you and happy Thanksgiving!
Deanna Greene

P.S. I found your blog through Katie Holt and Judy Gregory, in case you're wondering!!! I always wonder how people find me on the web! :)

Anonymous said...

For one Mill.. no, one Biilllion Dollars :-)