Friday, October 12, 2007

Reflections of my morning over a BLOGna sandwich

This morning I got up at 6am and went to the YMCA...

I know, I know... I don't want to be that person - but I can't figure out when to work out now that I started my new jobby job at Designvox. When I get home around 5:30pm I typically get some dinner started and who wants to work out with a belly full of chicken and rice??

This week has been an experiment. I decided Sunday night to start getting up every morning at 6:30am to work out before going to work. When the alarm rang - Ryan and I decided it was too dark to safely walk to my car (which was just a silly excuse to stay in bed) So, Tuesday I got up at 6:30am - threw on my shoes and clothes, drove to the Y, parked, walked in and put all my stuff in my locker - which gave me 18 minutes to work out before getting back in the car and going to work. NOT ENOUGH TIME TO BE SUCCESSFUL!

So Wednesday I decided (when the alarm rang at 6am) that I would try to go after work - since the morning thing didn't go so well the day before. When I got to the Y around 6pm it was PACKED! I had to wait in line for the weight machines! NOT SUCCESSFUL AGAIN!!

So, today at 6am I tried the morning thing again - but 30 minutes earlier. I did weights and the treadmill and made it to work about 15 minutes early. SUCCESS!! FINALLY!!

So that's the delimma... even though I was successful with my workout this morning I do not really want to start my official "adultish" sleeping patterns. Do I want to go to bed by 10 every night so that I can get up at 6? Do I want to start the habit of getting up before the sun? I don't think I do - but I don't know when else to work out! AHHhhhhh...

So, when do you work out?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Amber! I'm so glad that you love your new job and that it is going well. I can't wait to hear more about it. On the workout note, Riley and I walk every morning at 6:10...its a little rough at first, but soon it will just become something you do. Also, I do try to get to bed by 10:15...so I guess that would make me adultish. Today I was asked if the children running around the waiting area of the car service center were mine (they were probably 5-7 years old). Now that made me feel a little old. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

i totally understand what you're going through. i don't have to be at work until 9, so it makes a bit easier for me. if i wake up at 7 and work out, i still have time to get ready and get to work. however, i don't go to a gym, i walk/jog around the area we live. it's worked out so far! :)

Megs said...

Amber!!! It's been forever since we've chatted! Keep up the a.m.workouts girl! It really bites in the beginning, but you should eventually feel SOOOO much better once you get in the groove. I workout at 5:30/6:00 where I work which is super-nice! Congrats on the move and the job. I too have a new job since graduating and getting ready for Anniversary #1 on October 28th. Take care!

Anonymous said...

So my question is all of this madness is what the sweet hizzle were you doing eating a blogna sandwich for breakfast?? Unacceptable.

I commend you on the early morning workouts. That is no easy task. I'm definitely not on that boat yet...

Michelle Wegner said...

I plan on working out in about 3 more years when Isabelle is (hopefully) not waking me up 2, 3, 4, 7 times every night. sigh.

Unknown said...

get a dog -- a mean/nice dog & run outside?
get a treadmill -- and run inside.
keep getting up early, cause it's the next right thing and it makes you feel SOOOO good.
don't question it, just do it. (am i in a commercial?)
hi amber!! just noticed you were on michelle's typepad and thought i'd say hi ... Jennifer "7" Williams! -- i now have a four month old daughter and i workout as soon as her head hits the swing for her morning nap...

Anonymous said...

I'm really late to the party, but I'm just catching up on reading my feeds. Yeah, I have gotten down to 2 mornings a week where I get up early to work out. I figure with those 2 days, and 1 weekend day, it's good enough. I used to do the every day thing, but yeah, I changed priorities and chose to eat a little less - or not!