Monday, August 13, 2007

Marcus Buckingham - STRENGTH MOVEMENT

Maybe it's my lifestage, maybe it's the fact that I am looking for a job right now, maybe because I am trying to figure out how to be a world-changer and a wife, maybe because I want to spend my time doing things that matter...whatever the reason, Marcus Buckingham is one of my all time favorite speakers on the planet. He looks at everything differently, but doesn't complicate the shifts in thinking he is trying to help society make.

My friend Butch Whitmire took some AWESOME NOTES during this session, so I won't bother typing them all out. I'll just give you one thought:

I want to tilt my world so that I am one of the 12% of people who spend most of their days playing to their strengths. I am going to read this book, I am going to take the personality profile at www.strengthfinder.com and I am going to find myself a job in one of my top three strength areas. (I'm not exactly sure what my strengths are right now...which is why I am going to work on figuring that out.)

No comments: