Monday, August 13, 2007

Lion Chaser @ New Community

Mark Batterson came to Granger on Thursday night to speak at the New Community Service. I think Mark is great, I've read his book (In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day) and I've heard him speak at a a couple of other conferences in the past...so I knew he would do a super job inspiring and challenging the Thursday night crowd.

Mark did not disappoint!

God is the Author - He is telling HIS stories through us! Are you living your life in a way that is worth telling stories about??
You can listen to Mark's Message from Thursday night HERE and read the Lion Chaser Manifesto below:
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Consider the lilies. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshipping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze a new trail. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away. Chase the lion!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

wow - that is awesome! i haven't listened to the clip but the passage there is so inspiring. it's definitely a challenge worth taking on, even if it's not an easy one. i feel like i need some more of that passion and courage in my life... i might have to blog about this now.... :)

Anonymous said...

I agree... this is awesome. I'll have to listen.. I am so new to this whole blogging thing and am a bit overwhelmed. Don't get the lingo or how to navigate yet and couldn't tell you how I even got to this site. But that post grab my attention. I am a busy mom at home with not a lot of time for the computer but I want to try to keep up a little if I can. I am trying to start my own blog myself.. will see

http://heretotestify.blogspot.com/

I am amazed at what's happening out there and how clueless I've been. It's sorta fascinating and and time consuming at the same time. How do you manage the time? Anyways... thought I'd comment. Keep pressing on ... A Sister n Christ, Erin