Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksmas Memories

This is the first Thanksgiving I can remember that does not include camouflage, guns, ammunition and pheasants for dinner. The Beeson family took a break from the annual Thanksmas Hunt so my dad could finish out the final week of his sabbatical in Texas doing some serious hunting with his camera and his friend Wyman.

I am thankful for the time we have this year to spend with the Cox family, and I'm thrilled for the time dad has to be in nature capturing amazing photographs and renewing his spirit - but I'll miss the hunt, miss the time sighting in guns with my brother and selecting cammo garb and fluorescent orange hats from the closet with my sister. I'm already looking forward to next year's Thanksmas Hunt! Here are some pics from the last few years.

No comments: