Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall

Ruby is one and a half - and she's such a blast right now. Here she is playing "outside" with her dad yesterday.


As far asother updates go, she's been saying the funniest things lately. In addition to repeating EVERYTHING she hears, she says:
  • Hold you? (when she wants to be held. This is the cutest thing I've ever experienced... so I've decided not to correct her.)
  • YAY!
  • Hot
  • Cold
  • Outside
  • Window
  • Kitty
  • Doggie
  • Fish
  • Tweet Tweet
  • Glasses
  • Ryan taught her to say "Ryan" and "Amber", which he thinks is hilarious, but I think is unnecessary.
  • Blankie
  • Passy
  • Owl
  • night night
  • Oatmeal
  • Cereal
  • kix
  • shoes
  • Baby (anyone 12 years old or younger is a baby)
  • Bible (when she wants to sing "the B.I.B.L.E")
  • Happy Happy (when she wants me to sing "if you're happy and you know it")
  • Bath
  • Water
  • Pumpkin
We are loving every minute we have with Ruby at this age and stage. She's feisty, she's chatty, she's funny and she's got personality. Our days are filled with joy that she brings.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Amber, I love these updates on Ruby. When our boys were little, I made lists in a journal of every word they would say and all their new "tricks". When our boys turned 1 1/2, I fell in love with them! What fun! Our boys also said "hold you" and Andrew called his Dad "Ed" til he was 3. Other people thought it was crazy, but we didn't care...he outgrew it :)

Sara said...

love her! so stinkin cute! happy fall mama! pick a pumpkin for me!

Mo said...

Her hair is starting to grow fast! She's a doll. That really is a fun age. If I squint my eyes and think hard I can remember Colt at that charming age...and now he's two. It's still fun, in challenging-fun kind of way :) I like that Ryan taught Ruby your first names. Colt has been calling my Dad, "Steve" instead of Papa lately...on our way to church on Sunday he shouted out from the window when he saw my dad, STEVIE! And then I about pee'd my pants.

And I know I already said this, but congrats again on baby #2. I'm thinking Ruby needs a brother.