Thursday, November 5, 2009

Varmint Sitch"eww"ation - the continuing saga

Ryan closed the door to the laundry room last night - because we just were not too sure that the little varmint was going to stay in the pipe. Ryan said he saw the little paws poking through between the bottom of the pipe and the top of the water heater. Closing the door was the best precaution we could think of.

This morning before MOPS I went downstairs to throw in a load of laundry, and when I saw the closed door I remembered he might be in there! I slowly bent down and peeked through the crack under the door to see if anything looked out of place, as if the squirrel would rummage through my laundry. Everything looked fine, considering my vantage point through the crack of the door. I proceeded to SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY opened the door, assuming at any moment a chipmunk would jump on my face... but nothing happened. So I quickly opened the dryer door and ducked (in case he was in the dryer). Luckily at that moment I heard the scurrying scalliwag in the pipe again. I knew I was safe.
I think when the little guy fell into the chimney thing on our roof he had a bunch of nuts with him... because he is still making a racket in that pipe! He's got enough food for survival - which is fine, except that the guy is coming to get him out at 4 today and is expecting something dead.

Should be interesting.

1 comment:

Aaron Beeson said...

GET IT ON FILM!?