Monday, February 9, 2009

Gore Mountain and Baby Decor

In typical Cox family tradition, Ryan and Dad left this morning at 4:45am to drive to Gore and be the first on the slopes. This "first on the slopes and last off the slopes" phenomenon has always baffled me, but it's tradition and they love it! 


The sun was shining and it was beautiful - as you can see from this picture. Ryan had one crash on an icy patch - which ended with him tangled up in some trees about 30 feet down the slope from his crash site. They had a great day and were home in time for a delicious grilled cheese and tomato soup dinner.
Since I am with child, Mom and I stayed here in town - got pedicures, had lunch at Panera and did some shopping for gender neutral baby nursery decor. On days like this I second guess my decision to wait to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. 

I saw some precious stuff for girls with little birds and some cute stuff for boys with lions and giraffes...but everything we found that would work for both is yellow and green. I guess yellow and green is okay. Turtles are yellow and green. Vegetables are yellow and green. The walls in the baby's room are yellow... maybe I should just plant some grass in there and call it good.

...Or, maybe I'll do what my friend Breanne did and wait until the baby is born to pick out crib/nursery decor.

...Or I could just go crazy and buy both! 

5 comments:

Warren said...

Amber, hope you and Ryanb are enjoying time with Mom and Dad Cox. We have been blessed to get to know Ted and Deb and are going to miss them when they leave. Enjoy your time with them.
Warren (I work with Ted at Eastern Hills)

Mindy said...

what about black-and-white stuff with the yellow, like the 'bumble bee' nursery stuff, and black and white accents are easy to find outside of the "collection" and work in, if you're not going wild over the green and yellow. we went multi-colored and when Lucy was about 20 mos. she was moving out into her new navy and lavender room. we were glad we could use the bedding for both kids, not knowing what they were (and since they're only in a crib for a relatively short amount of time).

..although by then i was pretty sick of the nursery motif we had and would've liked to switch things up, but we're cheap and before too long Henry will be getting a room update too! have fun nesting!!!

Nic said...

And just in case you didn't know baby's poop...yellow and green

pandjalexander said...

Duckies and lambs are neutral gender and super cute too. I found your blog through Leticia and think it's fun to read about someone else who is preggers too. We're going to find out what we're having, but i'm still going to do ducks and lambs. :)

heather said...

I like MIndy's idea of black and white - that's what we did. I just decided I would make the nursery what I wanted it to be - what I would enjoy (and gender neutral, of course). You can always add flare after the baby comes. I remember being in your shoes. The only time I doubted our decision not to find out the gender was when I was shopping and saw cute things. :)