Tuesday, February 24, 2009

For Love and Flour

Today I'm 25 weeks pregnant. That means my baby is 8.5 - 9 inches long, weighs almost 2 lbs and is approximately the size of a 5 pound bag of flour.

I've been feeling lots of kicks and punches and swirgly-wirgly movements in there - so it seems like things are going well! Typically when my head hits the pillow and I begin drifting off to sleep is the exact time each night when the baby starts having a dance party. It's hilarious!

I've also been feeling some major softening of my heart for parenting types of issues. I have a heightened sense of awareness for things that typically would not really bother me when I think about my child being exposed to them. Certain TV shows, music, attitudes, behaviors, language and topics of conversation. Maybe I'm just sensitive...but I know that God is working on me as He prepares my heart to love and care for this precious baby.

"Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that."
Ephesians 5:1-2 (The Message)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!! Your and your husband are going to be such wonderful parents! Sounds like your on the right track! God is amazing, isn't he!!! Blessings to you and your husband!!

heather said...

I looooove those late-night dance parties of baby-in-belly. I miss that. :) We still have dance parties with Zora, but much earlier in the evening. :)

by the way - your blog posts are showing up in my "shared items" in my google reader now, so it's easier to keep up with your new posts!! :)

Mindy said...

amazing time. the whole world will look different forever. sounds like you're enjoying your pregnancy very much! aren't you due for an updated pic?? ;)

amberWIRE said...

Mindy! I am totally due for another picture on here...for now, let me just tell you that my tummy is wider from front to back than from side to side. It's pretty awesome!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that must be so cool to feel the baby wriggling around in there! I can't wait! Also, did you know that your pregnancy is just one week ahead of Dooce?! Luckyyyyy....And yes, I also vote for an updated pic!

Mo said...

i totally know what you mean about the tv shows...radio...people.

the world can be scarey. i want to shelter colt.

i think about the things that colt will grown up with thinking is normal. so much sex everywhere...bad language. i mean, example...our next door neighbors are wonderful people. they are both grown women...and they are in love with each other. colt will know them and respect them and two woman living and loving each other will be an everyday thing to him.

i will be praying hard on how to explain that one.

this is why the plan is to never let him hang out with anyone but ang/johns kids...nic/jens kids...kaley/robs kids...brook/dcs kids. i need to re-create for him what andy and i had with our friends. it was so important! i'm so worried...: )

and...signing off...the longest comment ever.

xoxo
p.s. See you at your bb shower : )